Tuesday, March 1, 2011

In My Backyard

Well there was quite a bit of commotion outside my window a few minutes ago.  A slight bang on the window, the sounds of wings flapping and such.  I went to the window and looked out to the ground below the birdfeeder thinking I would see a bird that had been stunned by his misguided flight into our window.  Instead, there was nothing...until I looked up at the fence...and this is what I saw.



Wow isn't he spectacular.  I think it's a peregrine falcon or maybe a hawk but I'm not actually sure. 
  Maybe someone knows?
Anyways, quite a treat to see so close up and he was quite accommodating to stay while I ran for my camera and snapped these pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures of a beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, looks like a falcon to us!
    He just be checking out the birds at your feeder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely looks like a hawk to me! We tend to see them around our backyard as well. When my dogs were just puppies I swore the hawks were trying to hunt them.

    ps also just wanted to let you know that I featured you in a blog post this week! :) love your work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment. I love to read them!