Monday, March 25, 2013

Paint Works Magazine

Last winter one of my lovely customers, Amy Mogish, asked me to make a custom eye glass chain for a project she was working on.  Amy had painted a beautiful wooden eyeglass case and she wanted me to make a coordinating chain for her eyeglasses.  She sent me the sweetest owl charm that she had painted herself and wanted me to attach to the back.  She also sent a couple of pictures of her painted owl for inspiration.  

Now her work can be seen in the latest Paint Works Magazine (April 2013).  You can even try your hand at making this project with her detailed step by step instructions.





Owl Be Seeing You by Amy J. Mogish.
Page 82-84.

I made the glass chain with denim blue and brown glass beads along with some copper beads.  All handwrapped onto copper wire and attached to antiqued copper cable chain.

So much fun to see this project in print.  I'm so happy for Amy and so happy I could be a small part of it.  You can find Paint Works Magazine at your local book or magazine shop.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty cool that you provided the inspiration and nice that she told you. Did you add the little owl pendant? It's sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..actually Amy provided the inspiration for this one. She made and painted the owl pendant herself. I was just happy to be part of it! :)

      Delete
    2. Oops. I didn't see the text at the top. I just read under the photo!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment. I love to read them!