Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Back Home

I'm still slightly in a fog as I write this. Not a groggy, headachey type fog that I can often find myself in but more of a gentle, relaxed, at peace with myself haze as I try to work through my daily life. It's a lovely, dreamy haze to be in and I don't want to let it go. We recently returned from a short but wonderful family trip to London and Paris. Only 9 days long but the time together was a memory itself to hold on to as our young teenage daughters are growing up so quickly.

We walked for hours every day. We carried no cell phones, read no newspapers or watched tv and only once briefly touched in with reality when we had to check our emails for our return flight home confirmation. We engrossed ourselves in the history, art and architecture and of course the food. We all came back a little different. Our daughters now live in a bigger world. Once what was only read about they have now seen. Their eyes are wider now and they have seen a small glimpse into a big world.



Our first night in London.
Looking across the Thames at the Parliament Buildings and the Clock Tower (Big Ben).

The steps of St. Paul's Cathedral. Absolutely breathtaking inside.

History and traditions. The changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.

Westminster Abbey provides more than a 1000 years of British History within it's walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment. I love to read them!