Tuesday, May 24, 2011

In the Garden

I love this time of year. After a long winter it's such a relief to be outside in the fresh air. I don't even mind working in between the intermittent showers of rain we've been having. It's so much fun planning and thinking about the garden.   I find myself at the garden centres oodling over the tables of flowers and imagining the scent of fresh herbs at my doorstep.  Pinks and purples and dainty little white flowers. 


Self control is not easy surrounded by all those beautiful flowers. If I don't go with some plan in mind I have been known to buy more flowers than our garden can accomodate.  That's probably why we're in the situation we are in.  It's time to reevaluate the garden.  Now that some of these perennials and shrubs have matured they just don't look quite right.  Cut back, move, divide...this is my quest for the week.  I shall be ruthless, but loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment. I love to read them!