Friday, July 27, 2012

Donut Stop

Last weekend Sydney made these sweet little donut cakes.  We were longing to make them after finding the recipe on this very lovely website, Sprinkle Bakes.  Interestingly enough I found out about Sprinkle Bakes while walking through our Chapter's bookstore a few weeks.  It was the cover of a book that caught my eye and the by line "Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist" that made me stop in my tracks. It made me think of my niece who is such an artistic and clever baker.  I was sold when I opened it up and saw the photos and recipes.  We gave it to her for her birthday.

While shopping for other things last week I happened upon the donut pan - an essential when making these donut cakes. Although the recipe used a mini donut pan ours was more in the line of medium sized.  They turned out great!



Wouldn't these be great for a birthday, shower or bakesale!


Recipe from SprinkleBakes.

******
I must say that I always think of my brother when I see a Do Not Stop sign on the highway.  I believe it was on our family trip out west from Toronto to Alberta with stops in between to visit family in Winnipeg and Saskatoon.  I was around 10 I think.  We packed up our station wagon - gold with faux wood trim - with our camping equipment, pillows and 8-track tapes - Benny Goodman, The Mills Brothers, John Denver, Carol King, Blood, Sweat and Tears and my own contribution - Barry Manilow.  (I'm sure it was great having a little sister.)  Anyways, many days and hours into the trip, when my brother saw a "Do Not Stop" sign on the highway (and there were many) he would yell "Donut Stop".  This would cause unnecessary braking and confusion from the front seat but somehow even with a stern word sent to the back we did manage to stop a couple of times for donut breaks on our travels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment. I love to read them!