Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Obsession.

It was a happy day yesterday when I went to my mailbox and found my package of supplies had arrived. I really didn't expect it to arrive for a few more days so it was extra special. No sooner had I ripped open the envelope and I was grabbing my jewellery tools. I've had fun playing with copper in the last few weeks so I had ordered more and also something new: brass and gunmetal. The brass daisy bead caps were even nicer in person and I had to use them right away. The result are these earrings. I call them Fairy Mist. They make me think of giant waterdrops that have landed on a flower petal in a fairy forest. The seagreen firepolish beads are gorgeous and have such subtle colour shifts.


It's amazing how such a small package can spur you on to creative delight. You jewellery artists out there know the feeling when you come out of a beading store with such a small bag and a $100 receipt in your hand. But what lies in that bag is pure excitement, enjoyment and creative satisfaction.

Enjoy your day, as I know I will, happily lost in my beads.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous earrings Nancy with an equally evocative name. Have fun with your new treasures. I look forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful earrings! As are so many of your creations! Congrats on all the treasuries and the front page!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment. I love to read them!