Friday, May 4, 2012

Boring but Safe.

Morning friends.  Things might look a little different here.  A little bland at this point you might say. Last night when viewing my blog I got a warning about the templates and designs that I am using from Shabbyblogs (and many other bloggers as well).  Never had any problems using them over the years.  Maybe they've been hacked - it's not really clear - but I'm not taking any chances.  So I've deleted and cleared any and all designs I've been using from them.  I'll miss my happy little look and my little bird banner but I have no interest in taking chances with malware and viruses.

Of course, my former design took me hours and days to put together (not to mention all the hours just thinking about it!) and wouldn't you know it I don't have hours or days to do it right now.  So, I'm going to have to make some quick changes and use the general blogger templates.  So normally you might say please excuse my mess while I re-design my blog look but today I think it will end up looking cleaner than it ever has...maybe I'll like it and it will be the new me!

I apologize for any inconvenience.

5 comments:

  1. What a pain! At least you didn't lose anything. It looks like all of the elements are still here. Maybe you can incorporate one of your beautiful photos into the header when you have time in the weeks ahead. Technology never fails when you have the time to handle it. Must be yet another Murphy's law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! I might be asking you for a bit of advice with my header. You did such a good job with yours!
      Well, at least I have the 'reply' option on my comments now!

      Delete
  2. I think it looks good
    I like the header - it shows the readers right away the feeling of your work
    I remember those annoying hours spent fiddling with blogger templates
    now that mine is done - I don't dare to touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not boring....simple, dramatic and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you!
    I added my banner later on Friday afternoon.
    I think for now, I'm going to keep it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment. I love to read them!