Monday, May 28, 2012

Bees, Blooms and Boos

Today was a day to be thankful for air conditioning. It's sweltering today.  Heat and humidity just doesn't agree with me.  I turn all red, I'm quick to get a headache and most importantly it plays havoc with my hair.  I had a lot of indoor work today and I didn't mind at all. In the afternoon though I decided to take a boo outside.  This expression was not something I had grown up with in fact it leads me to a funny little story.

Years ago when selling our first house we had a British family come through for a tour.  At the time of selling our girls were just babies (2 and nearly newborn).  Usually we would leave and take the girls for a walk when we had appointments but this one was in the evening and the girls were gearing down for the night.  I just tried to stay out of the way in our basement tv room.  As they were walking up the basement stairs I thought I heard the husband say "I'd just like to take a poo out in the backyard".  I know my eyes were as wide as they could be when I heard this and I really wasn't sure what to think next.  As you can imagine, I was quite relieved to find out he only intended to look around!



The bees are loving our lilacs right now.

e

We have several types of lilacs.  Our tree this year is particularly spectacular.  I will miss the smell of lilacs when the blooms are done.


So delicate and pretty are the blooms.


I had such good luck with Callbrachoa  last year that I bought them again.  Here they are in Mango.



Off to dance drop offs and the grocery store.
Have a great evening friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment. I love to read them!