Wednesday, February 18, 2009

28 Days of Random Kindness - Act XIII

Acknowledging the kindness around me

Over the last couple of weeks I have focused on how I can be kind on a daily basis. In this endeavour I have found that I am inherently a kind person but by becoming more aware and open to kindness it has allowed me (or sometimes forced me) to take the extra step. This awareness has taken me outside of my quiet comfort zone, it has made me speak out loud when often I would be silent and it has made me take action rather than just thinking about things.
I realized how many kind things have been done for me, just in the last few days, by the people that surround me.

I've had doors opened and held, friends call, dinner made, dishes done, my heart has been touched by the music and story of three brothers who were once African refugees. I've had neighbours smile at me, strangers say the nicest things, dentist's accommodate emergency appointments, beds have been made and laundry done. I've had daily conversations with friends who support me and lift my spirits. I've had hands outstretched over icy patches, friends and family support my creative endeavours and I've even been 'hugged' by a dog.

I just want to say thank you and let you know that I noticed. I feel like I've just had a giant hug.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. --Aesop

1 comment:

  1. What an inspiring blog! I enjoy reading what you have to say! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment. I love to read them!